5.10.2011

Who is who: Maiju

Hello!

I'm the other half of the team representing Finland at World Cosplay Summit 2012. Self introductions might come in handy now that the preliminaries have began, so here goes! My character in our performance was Okuninushi from Shin Megami Tensei games.

Photo (C) YumiKoyuki


My name is Maiju. It's pronounced the same way you say the words "my" and "you" and put them together. Kind of. Online I mostly use my nick Majo, which is supposed to be pronounced like the Japanese name Mayo. Welcome to the world of illogical language & pronounciation of Finnish!

I've been cosplaying since 2003, and I've always loved taking part in cosplay contests. Nowadays I'm more prone to sitting behind the judges' table or being a panelist/hosting panels, but I still love competing, so I always somehow find myself signing up for cosplay contests every now and then.

Balthier (Final Fantasy XII), EuroCosplay final 2010. Photo (C) David Cooper



In 2010 I took part in EuroCosplay -finals at London MCM Expo with my Balthier from Final Fantasy XII. It was my first cosplay-centered trip aboard (and an awesome one), the next one being obviously WCS next summer of which I'm insanely thrilled.

Berserker!Paine @ Desucon, Finland 2011. Photo (C) YumiKoyuki


I love making armor/weapons/etc., props are almost always my favourite part of the costume. My sewing skills could use some work since my main focus always seems to go to sanding the armor pieces and other relevant stuff. Though I admit that I do fear for my poor lungs being exposed to massive amounts of Paperclay dust. One healthy hobby this is.

Most of the characters I cosplay tend to be from video games, but this year I hope to finish at least 2 costumes which are actually from anime. We'll see how long my resolve lasts.

I'm a 5th year student in art education and I have also qualification in crafts education, or will have one day when I finally graduate. Hopefully soon. Aside from cosplay my hobbies are videogames, going to hiphop dance classes and fooling around with my dog Halla, who is a Finnish Lapphund. I'm a huge Star Wars-nerd and I love pretty much everything Range Murata has laid his hands on.

I have more or less active cosplay blog called Serious Business (do notice the sarcasm) which, unfortunately, is only in Finnish at the time. Lots of nifty photos there though! Most of my photoshoot material goes either to my deviantArt or Cosplay.com, of which the former is the more active one.

And that's about that. Hopefully lots of active WCS-related blogging ahead!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti